Friday, January 2, 2015

Fashion Friday 1/2/15

We all have those days where we wake up in the morning and have no idea what to wear. We scour our closets only to grow frustrated, give up and end up with an outfit that just doesn't feel right all day long and messes with our mood. On those days, I turn to these tips to make sure I walk out the door feeling confident and put together - when you look good, you feel good!

1) Think about what is on your schedule for the day. Any important meetings? Presentations? Will you be walking a lot or sitting at a desk most of the day? Once you find one event of the day, focus on that to build your outfit. If you're walking a lot, find your most comfortable shoes and work your way up from there. Will it be cold when you sit at your desk? Pants and a sweater it is! Use the logistics of the day to help you create a functional ensemble.

2) Consider your self-esteem and body image at the moment. If you are struggling to feel positive about your body, I don't recommend a fitted skirt or pants that might
My go-to color!
be a little difficult to button. When I struggle with my body image, I grab a circle skirt and a light blouse. The circle skirt should sit at your waist, thus emphasizing the tiniest part of your body and the free-flowing cut will prevent you from feeling self-conscious about your hips, thighs, etc.

3) Find an inspiration. Whether you pull this inspiration from a celebrity (my go-to is an outfit that makes me feel like Rachel McAdams in the Notebook), or a part of your body that you love, use that as a springboard to create a look that rocks. When I look for inspiration, I try to find things that will make my eyes pop - my closet is full of a gorgeous shade of royal blue that gives me confidence no matter how I feel.

One of my favorite pairs of heels
4) Take extra care with your makeup. If you've grown frustrated with your closet or your body, spice up your makeup routine for an easy boost! For makeup tips, check out J's blog Unfading Beauty.

5) Wear high heels. Heels are one of my favorite ways to regain control over my body and my closet.
High heels force you to have better posture, make you look taller, and make a statement. When I slip on a good pair of heels, I feel confident, collected, and classy. Never underestimate the value of a pair of heels.

"No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, show up, and never give up"

Pax,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment