Sunday, September 27, 2015

Aaaannnd...I'm back!

After a ridiculously long hiatus, I have finally found enough time and energy to get this blog up and running again! So what has happened in the 6 months (to the day) since my last post?

1) I received first Communion and Confirmation! April 12, 2015 at the Chapel of Immaculate Conception on the campus of Mount St. Mary's University. Details to come :)

2) I got a new job! I am one of the newest members of the Hall Director crew at Southern Illinois University.

3) I finished graduate school and am now the proud recipient of a Masters of Business Administration!

4) I did all the typical Maryland-y things I needed to do before leaving the state for God knows how long. I spent 2 weekends in Ocean City - both with my nana, one with Juliana (she picked crabs for the first time!) - went to 2 Orioles games, and had some time with my family.

5) I bought a new car! Meet Jack, as in Jack Sparrow, as in the name of the color is Black Pearl and I tried calling my car Pearl but didn't like it so I went with Jack.

6) I went to Europe! Many future posts will detail my escapades across the pond! I particularly loved this view from the Piazza Michelangelo!

7) I moved to Illinois *see number 2* Here's a look the community I oversee and live in as an HD.

8) I made some new friends! The photo on the left is a rare glimpse inside student staff training for Hall Directors. We had fun with Twin Day! On the right is a photo from Dawgs' Nite Out, an event for students to see what life is like at SIU!


9) Got a FitBit in the hopes that I would be inspired to be active more. That worked for about a week... But every day is a chance to try again, right?!

10) Found a new church to attend...and joined the choir! On my first day at practice the choir director said "So, you're gonna be an alto" and my reply was "oh greeeaatttt" with a look of fear stamped across my face because I've never been much of a singer outside of the shower, and I was going to be one of two altos!

I'll be back tracking a little bit over the next several posts to share some more details (and photos, naturally) about my adventures! I'm super excited to resume blogging again, especially being so far from my friends and family and wanting to keep everyone in the loop!

Pax,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment