Sunday, December 14, 2014

Showered with Love

What a tough week! I was so overwhelmed that I didn't even get to do a Fashion Friday post! This week seemed to drag on forever and at one point I really did not think I was going to make it through the week. Just when I had given up on experiencing any good things this week, I was showered with so much love from my friends!

Me, Liv, and J at Holy Grounds
As previously mentioned in some of my posts, I have always loved Christmas, but apparently I am a hard person to buy gifts for, so people would always complain to me about how difficult it was to find a present for me. This year, I have been truly blessed with a group of amazing people who know me better than I know myself. I received some of the most thoughtful gifts in the past couple of days and my heart is overflowing with love and gratitude.

As excited as I am about these awesome presents, I am even happier about the love behind each and every one of them. One of the most important lessons I have learned on my faith journey is about loving people. We are called to love everyone with our whole hearts and I see people trying to live their lives with love every day. It is not always easy, but all we can do is try our best.

Me, Kae, and our Secret Santa gifts
Love can be expressed in many different ways. While receiving gifts may seem selfish, it is less about the receiving of the gift than it is about the feeling behind giving the gift. Yesterday's gift exchange was filled with excited anxiety as we all watched one another open carefully thought out gifts. These were not purchased for obligation nor to just give someone a gift and walk away, these were physical reminders of a beautiful friendship and overwhelming love.

Whether you express love through giving gifts, hugging people, doing favors, or saying kind words, make sure you fill your holiday season with that behavior. Our actions have much more meaning when they come from a place of true care and love for one another.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
~1 Corinthians 13:13

Pax,
Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment