Friday, October 24, 2014

Positive and Passionate

Yesterday I had lunch and coffee with one of my amazing student staff members, whom I call Hons, who has been helping me join the world of blogging! She is the queen of positivity and always has a smile on her face. I am forever grateful for her amazing enthusiasm and support, so I decided to change the topic of today's post in honor of her.

I had originally planned to share the story of when I told an important person in my life about my decision to do RCIA and that person's not so positive reaction to my news, but my lunch with Hons persuaded me to do otherwise because that story was so negative - I'm still working on trying to make it a positive and helpful experience... I'll let you know when that happens.

Holy Grounds Cafe
There's an adorable little cafe and bookstore in my town, Holy Grounds Cafe and St. Philomena's Books & Gifts, that I have begun to frequent, thanks to many recommendations from Liv. It is a great place to sit down, unwind and do homework, read, blog, etc. During my last day off, I spent the entire afternoon in the cafe chatting with Hons and Liv. Hons and I fell in love with the cafe so much that we decided to make it the venue for our weekly meetings with one another.

While we ate our lunch and sipped on coffee, Hons and I talked about anything and everything from what we did during our Fall Break to blogging and things to do with our staff. We came up with a lot of great ideas, including some things I plan to do with my blog in the coming weeks! We were chatting about one of my favorite fashion blogs
My favorite drink at Holy Grounds - Cafe Creme Brute
and Hons commented on how passionate I was about this blog. She recommended that I expand my blog to include things that I am passionate about, such as fashion. I believe I responded with something to the effect of "Nah, that doesn't make any sense with what my blog is about." The ever-inspiring Hons replied with the reminder that a blog can be whatever I want it to be and if I want to blog about faith and fashion then I can do just that!

My brain is in creative mode as I figure out the best way to incorporate more of what I'm passionate about into this blog. I can't wait to see what things I come up with to make my blog even better. I hope to have the first Fashion Friday post up next week!

She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future. ~Proverbs 31:25

Pax,
Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment