Friday, February 20, 2015

Fashion Friday 2/20/15

For one of my New Year's Resolutions I gave up buying clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc. If it isn't a disposable daily use product or food item, I can't buy it. As a person who thrives on the dopamine and endorphin induced joys that come from buying clothes, I'm struggling a little bit.

In an attempt to quiet my desire to purchase things, I decided to create a wish list of 5 things I would buy right now if I could...not sure how that is going to help me, but I figured I'd see what happens!

1) A blanket scarf: I am always freezing cold and I hate it. There are many days where I wish I could have a blanket in my office but I think people would look at me like I was a little weird - not that this doesn't already happen. With a blanket scarf, you not only have a great accessory, you also have a cozy blanket you can cuddle up under when the situation allows. I particularly love this scarf from Etsy!



2) New boots: I wear my boots so often that they have begun to fall apart. I should have considered that before New Year's so I could invest in new boots to get me through the rest of the season and next fall...but hindsight is 20/20! I have a few favorite boots that I'd love to have to replace my current, dilapidated favorites. I like these gray booties and these tall tan boots, both from DSW!




3) Suit jacket: I am never one to turn down a good blazer or suit jacket, and since I have interviews coming up I am struggling to resist the urge to buy more. I am particularly loving this one from H&M!


4) Patterned pencil skirt: Also from H&M, I absolutely love pencil skirts, especially with patterns! They are a fun statement piece that look great with cardigans, blazers, blouses, boots, flats, heels - you name it, it works!



5) Skinny ponte pants: I fell in love with skinny cut ponte pants during my time working in retail. Unfortunately, the pairs I own have been worn, and worn, and worn...and now they are worn down. I particularly like skinny ponte pants because they have all the comfort of leggings, without actually being leggings - they have a button, zipper, belt loops, and sometimes they even have pockets! My currently desired pair can be found at Kohl's!

No comments:

Post a Comment