Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Five Days of Faith

I have seriously had the best few days of faith experiences and I am so excited to share them with you! Each of these stories are incredibly important to me and provided me with a renewed energy in my journey!

Day 1 - Thursday: Last week I shared my struggle about staying committed to being better this year. Turns out that one of my staff members was having the same struggle and she made a simple but awesome plan for focusing on her relationship with God: daily mass. And she invited me! So I went to mass with her after my class on Thursday. There was nothing ground-breaking about this experience, but it was nice to focus on my relationship with God on a day besides Sunday.


Day 2 - Friday: One of the teachers of my RCIA class is Anne Marie, a woman with a beautiful heart and a wealth of knowledge about the faith. I really wanted to get to know Anne Marie, so earlier in the week I asked her if we could grab coffee on Friday afternoon. And we did! It was great to talk to her about Catholicism and hear about her experiences with the faith, as well as share mine!

Day 3 - Saturday: I learned how to make rosary bracelets! J taught me how so I made a couple. I have yet to perfect the technique and I still haven't learned much about the rosary, but I'm working on it!


Day 4 - Sunday: RCIA and mass are the highlight of my week. I love the times I get to learn about the faith and then see it come to life at mass. This week's lesson was on holy orders and matrimony (Wednesday's post will be all about relationships thanks to the matrimony discussion) and I walked out of RCIA on a cloud just thinking about the promises I have to look forward to!

Day 5 - Monday: I am notorious for hating Mondays. But today was a different story. I had the opportunity to talk to our campus chaplain about RCIA and how my faith development was progressing. We were only scheduled for about 20 minutes of chatting, but we talked for at least 40 minutes! It is so powerful to share your experiences, hear about the experiences of others, and be challenged to grow in your faith!

"Ever since the creation of the world, his eternal power and divine nature, invisible though they are, have been understood and seen through the things he has made.” ~Romans 1:20

Pax,
Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment